The user interface of stereo-0.2b needs a thorough rethink, probably using an up-to-date toolbox, e.g. WxWidgets.
set of command line programs, driven from a gui interface, and some
standardised data file formats may make the tools more versatile and
simplify future development.
- Basic functions should go into libraries.
- Correct images for lens distortion, although this could be a prior step using other tools.
of calibration points could be made easier, e.g. display the
calibration points data and allow the user to select a point in the
data then the corresponding point in the first image. It should also be
possible for the corresponding point in the second image to be
automatically detected after one or two points have been selected.
calibrated, it would be nice to be able to select an area in the first
image that is of interest, and have a mesh of points generated, and the
corresponding points found in the second image, with automatic surface generation
- Additional source image formats, including colour.
- Ability to drape source images over the surface model.
- Add common 3D data formats as output options.
calibration from known camera setup. This could be an alternative to
using a calibration device. Could calibration be automated?
- Look at possible applications, for input to development directions.
- If there is enough interest, establish a discussion group/mailing list.